2018-2019 SAFETY PROGRAM
VFW Posts throughout the state have involved themselves in a variety of Safety Programs, which cover virtually every possible activity. The VFW is actively conducting and participating in six major categories under which any drug or safety activity will fall. Virtually any drug or safety activity conducted by a Post can be reported within the six categories. Credit is given only once for each activity.
The Program Reporting period is May 1, 2018 to April 30, 2019.
Samples of the activities are listed below:
This covers a wide spectrum of events such as:
- D.A.R.E. Contact your local State Police or County Sheriff and set up a seminar at your Post
- PTA Attend your local meeting and present your program
- A/A Invite your local spokesperson to your post to speak
- Scouting Present your program to all levels of the Scouting Program
- Click it or Ticket
- State approved Driving Course
- Lite-a-Tike, Bicycle Safety, Lite-a-Bike, Halloween Safety Bags
- Hunter Safety, Water Safety, Outdoor Safety (camping, etc.)
- Roller Safety (skateboards, roller blades)
- Winter Sports (Snowmobiles, Snowboards, Ice Skating, etc.)
Home & Fire Safety
- Home protection (outdoor and indoor)
- Fire protection (outdoor and indoor)
- Life Saving Awards, Firefighter Awards, Police Awards, and the distribution of various safety related materials
Each Post can submit to the Department chairman a nomination for each of the following. Firefighter award, Emergency Medical Technician award and the Law Enforcement award. Points will be awarded in the All-State program for submitting entries. DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING TO DEPARTMENT CHAIRMAN IS December 15th, 2018. Department will submit one entry from each to National. Citations will be issued for Department winners.
Public Servant Nomination Form Information